Students Supporting Students
$10/Month Campaign Benefiting Displaced Iraqi Students
Student 2 Student Coalition with HELPIRAQ.ORG
Student 2 Student Coalition (S2S) is a committee branch of the HelpIraq.org network under the St. Thomas Diocese to provide
Humanitarian Aid & Advocacy
for college students in Northern Iraq who are displaced due to religious persecution. S2S is a youth movement that seeks to connect students in America with students in Iraq and brings to light the reality and hardship Iraqi students endure.
Two years ago, during the fall of Mosul to the IS, the world witnessed the suffering and persecution of Christians and other minorities in Iraq as they were driven from their homes, businesses and way of life. One community affected by this humanitarian disaster is the Iraqi students that affiliate themselves with the minority religion in that region of the world, Christianity. For many displaced students in Iraq, education is not possible due to costly transportation and living expenses. For those who are able to pursue an education, they have no choice but to live in over-crowded homes with inadequate school supplies and necessities.
Student 2 Student Coalition (S2S), supported by HelpIraq.org and under the St. Thomas Diocese, is a student led, non-profit organization in metro-Detroit providing humanitarian aid & advocacy for Christian students and other minorities in Northern Iraq who are displaced due to religious persecution.
Our vision is a world where the opportunities are the same for students regardless of religion.
Support our mission to provide humanitarian aid and advocacy by joining the $10/month Campaign. As students in America, we recognize the financial difficulties we face here – with college loans and so many other expenses – and yet we know that we have a real desire to help these struggling students. The simplest things that we take for granted: education, a job, a house, are miracles for the displaced students, and can be taken away from them at any moment. Ten dollars might not seem like a lot for our suffering students, but more than money, it is our message to them saying, “We are with you. You are not alone. You are not forgotten.” As the movement grows, these $10 donations will provide educational opportunities that would not be possible otherwise.
Please consider joining this mission and spreading awareness of our cause!
We Are The World For Iraq
- What is it about? In February 2017, S2S was establishing the beginning stages of creating a music video designed to bring awareness to the plight of the Christian students and families in the Middle East.
- Who can be involved? Talented professional and volunteer singers/musicians from the Chaldean community. We are currently in need of men and women soloist and chorus members. You do not need to be professional to volunteer.
- How to be involved?
- Contact us about the next meeting days/times at email@example.com and title the subject line as We Are The World Project.
- May 18- Bowling For A Cause
- 7pm-12am, Universal Lanes 2101 E. 12 Mile Rd. Warren, MI 48092
- 18 years of age and older
- $20 per person for 2 games of cosmic bowling, shoe rental, pizza and pop, DJ Bangerz
- optional: wear white
- July 28- Cedar Point Trip
- Charge: $65 for transportation, admission, and S2S T-shirt
- Ages: 18+ welcome
- Directions: Meet at Mother of God Church parking lot at 7 AM. Bus departs to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio at 7:30 AM. Bus will return to Mother of God parking lot roughly around midnight.
- SEATS ARE LIMITED!! Contact the receptionist at 248-406-2052 to reserve your spot!
- Thank you Sea Vodka and Help Iraq for your support!
The Student 2 Student Coalition BLOG
Student 2 Student Coalition Interview With MONALLY
This is an S2S interview with Monally, one of the 7 young women who endured a horrifying experience with ISIS fighters. These students were trapped in their home for 8 hours. They credit the Virgin Mary and their faith in Jesus as the reason they remained undetected. This interview is a powerful testimony of the strength and perseverance of the Iraqi Christian student.
Full Version of Monally’s Interview
Shorter Version of Monally’s Interview
The displaced students are living in houses funded by the Chaldean Catholic Church away from their displaced families in an effort to complete their education. The houses each contain a leader that communicates the needs and necessities of the other house members to the S2S Coalition.
THE DISPLACED STUDENTS-GENERAL DEMOGRAPHICS
Instagram: @student2studentcoalition https://www.instagram.com/student2studentcoalition/
If you wish donate to this cause, please click below